I used to struggle with finding time to fit a well rounded breakfast into my morning. A bagel and cream cheese was about as complex as it got for me. It was time I started finding easy ways to nourish my body so that I could fully function throughout the day. Now, I use these same fun little tips when working with my swEATs nutrition clients, as they go about their busy days and are looking for practical ways to stay energized. In our swEATs program, it’s all about finding what fits into each individuals lifestyle without adding too much to their plate (Ha!). The Busy Girls Vegetable Hash and Poached Eggs is perfect for anyone looking for a well rounded breakfast without needing time to chop up every vegetable! I will say, these are not my best display of poached eggs, but, they still taste the same 😉
- 6 oz Frozen Vegetable Medley
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Slices Rye Toast
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium – high heat (I LOVE my All-Clad skillets!)
- Add oil and vegetables. Saute until tender.
- Reduce to medium heat and allow vegetables to brown or crisp.
- Simmer Water in medium sauce pan
- Add a drop of vinegar in water
- Stir the water to create a whirlpool (this will help the egg whites to wrap around the egg)
- Slowly drop the eggs into the center
- Cook for 3-4 minutes
- Remove the egg from the water and place directly onto vegetable hash
- Place Rye Bread slices in toaster to brown or preferred toasting.
Place Vegetables in your favorite bowl, top with poached eggs and side of toast. Enjoy!