I don’t know about y’alls diet plans, but I go from one day full blown vegetarian to the next day carnivore. Having a strict regimen when it comes to food prompts you to make poor decisions because we deprive ourselves. Allow yourself to have a cheat me every once in a while! Allow yourself to satisfy the cravings before the craving turns into a full indulgence and a spiral down a path of overeating.
I enjoy balance in my food like I do with my workouts. Enjoying all aspects of food and fitness, and deciding what suits my body that day. Each day is completely different, so my fuel and workout may vary, and I am okay with that!
Today, I was feeling like a vegetarian, so the “little chef” in me found the few ingredients I had in my fridge during quarantine and threw it all together! Yes, I literally “threw it all together”, I really didn’t take the time to measure because I typically use a guesstimate when it comes to cooking, which is why I love creating in the kitchen. You don’t have to measure each ingredient to an exact because it is all based on taste and aromas, so I will give you my “about” measurements for this yummy Veggie Stack 😉
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 One Half Inch Slices of Eggplant (circular)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (yes, two separate amounts of Olive Oil)
- 4 Slices of Onion
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp Pesto
- 1 tsp Balsamic Glaze
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil in skillet on Medium heat.
- Add Eggplant to skillet and pan sear until brown. Season with salt & pepper. About 5 minutes each side
- Remove Eggplant from skillet and set aside. Add 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil to skillet.
- Add Mushrooms, Onions, and Chickpeas to skillet and sauté until golden brown. Season with salt & pepper. Allow the onion to fully lay flat on skillet and disperse the mushrooms and chickpeas around. Flip onions to golden brown on each side.
- Remove Onions from skillet and stack with Eggplants. Two to 1 Onion ratio (honestly, it’s for the presentation. As long as they are mixed throughout, the flavor will be mixed nicely 😉 ) Do what feels right.
- Surround the stack with the Mushrooms and Chickpeas. Top with Pesto and Drizzle with Balsamic Glaze for the finishing creation. Voila!